Pages

Monday 2 January 2012

First of the healthy meals

Well for tea tonight I thought I had better start as I mean to go on. In the fridge there was choice of minced beef, sausages or pork chops, loads of bits of different cheeses, salad leaves, asparagus, courgettes, peppers....

So I settled on a pork chop with the bone cut out and the fat cut off. Then I put it between two pieces of cling film and hammered it with the end of a rolling pin until it was about as thick as a pound coin. Seasoned it with a steenbergs barbecue seasoning mix. Made some breadcrumbs out of a left over ciabatta, seasoned these with dried oregano, garlic salt, black pepper and then added some steenbergs thai green curry seasoning for good measure (and because I love the smell of this particular spice mix). I put some asparagus on to steam, rubbed some flour onto my seasoned flattened chop and dipped it into a beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs and pan fried it in a tiny amount of sunflower oil. I put some crispy green salad leaves onto my plate and dressed with just a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar. When the chop was golden on both sides and cooked through I put it on the plate and decided to add the rest of the crumbs that hadn't stuck (a good handful) to the pan and toast them, and tossed them over the salad leaves and voila. It was very tasty if just a slightly bit dry. It would've have been amazing with olive oil on the salad, shavings of Parmesan on the asparagus and a dollop of garlic mayo, but that wouldn't have been very healthy, so 'pretty good' will do if it helps me lose weight.

I need to educate myself into thinking that healthy doesn't have to be boring and bland.

No comments:

Post a Comment