Pages

Monday 2 January 2012

The first and most difficult of posts

I've been meaning to write a blog for a while now as I love writing but rarely find the time to do any these days. The two things that have been stopping me are what to call it and what to write in the first post. Having recently been inspired by two Facebook friends who both had babies in July 2009 like I did, I decided to take the plunge.

So why "And the little one said..." well, I was thinking about my family and how we are 4, and was thinking along the lines of four in a bed, seeing as when Archie and Emily wake up the first thing they do is come and get into our bed. However that would leave my stepson Jacob out, as really we are 4 and a half, but he's too old now to come and get in our bed on a morning and four and a half in a bed wasn't really working for me. But that put the song in my head, we often sing it when the kids get in with us and Emily is the little one. So "and the little one said..." seemed quite fitting as Emily has recently started talking loads, in fact now she can talk in sentences she never shuts up! But also, I am little, at only 5ft and this is my blog, so this will be what I've said. The idea grew on me and so here we are. Oh and that's my first post sorted too. I don't know why I put it off for so long!

I look forward to writing many more posts, about me, my thoughts, feelings, fears, my family and their antics and well, just stuff in general. Oh and I'm tempted to use the blog to try and motivate me to lose a bit of weight, by keeping a food diary and posting about my trials and tribulations. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I am sure I will enjoy writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment